Monday, 29 August 2011

NQ and HNC Photography 2011-2012

Welcome to all the photography students for 2011-2012.


As well as working with you in class, I put a lot of useful stuff up on this blog. Anything I think is useful or interesting to you, I will post regularly. I often put up additional examples or explanations of topics we cover in the class, and links to videos or animations, because listening to lecturers or reading notes is not always the best way to learn new ideas - it certainly isn't the only way.


Please, make it a habit to visit regularly, and feel free to browse through last year's blog too.


This year, I will also be putting course notes and project assignments on to the college VLE - the virtual learning environment.


You can find it here:


http://moodle.west-lothian.ac.uk/


and also on the link at the top of the page. When you have a matriculation number, you will be able to log in.


I would like to avoid the paper avalanche of hand-outs and photo-copies as much as possible.  My assignments, (I call them briefs), will be on the VLE. I will expect you to find them and save them, print them out if you wish. This way, there will be no need to lose paper copies of project briefs ever again! I hope.


I haven't used the college VLE before, so it's a bit of a try-out. It would be helpful if you let me know how it works for you.


Keith


No comments:

Post a Comment