Better to try to be more targeted in your searches. So go to a specific website that you know has good reliable images and information, such as those recommended in this blog.
For example, if we are trying to find out about contrast light, or diffuse light, I went to Photo.net and searched in the techniques menu. I found an essay, with pictures about quality of light:
Photo.net - quality of light
When you use Google, type in a precise phrase, and read the address of the sites that come up, to help you to decide if they have useful information.
So I have just typed, "quality of light" and "photography".
I found a tutorial by Andre Gunther . He describes, and demonstrates with drawings and photographs, the effects of hard and soft light. I decided he was worth looking at, because the snippet of text that showed up in Google seemed clearly written, and he sounds like a professional.
There is also a link to Outdoor Photography and Kodak, which are reliable. I would be less likely to visit 'Mypleasurefantasy', which also showed up, because I have no reason to think that it is a reliable or relevant source of information.
Try cross-referring. For example, in the research brief you might have looked up Ansel Adams, who often photographed in snow, so he is likely to have produced pictures that show predominant light toned images, and that can help you with Allan's project.
What about Trent Parke? With the sun coming blasting from behind, and the hard shadows, this looks like high contrast light to me.
And Henri Cartier-Bresson knew something about balance composition, including intersection of thirds, and lines leading your eye round the picture.




No comments:
Post a Comment