Today, I have been mostly enjoying the travel photography of Jerome Lorieau. I hope he doesn't mind me reproducing the picture here for you to admire, then visit his website and increase the traffic...It can be very useful to look through the work of good photographers like Jerome, and try to identify the composition techniques that he is using. He is a travel photographer, and what that means is that he most likely uses quite simple, lightweight camera gear, and photographs what he finds. The key is simplicity. His skill is being able to quickly see a picture, spot its potential for colour, composition and most of all, light.
I don't know what his gear and techniques are; I try to work it out from the pictures. But he writes a blog, so may very well explain. He also runs some courses in Nepal, where I'm sure he explains all his technical ideas. I feel quite strongly that the college should pay me to run a course in Nepal too. Or Italy would do.

No comments:
Post a Comment