This is a blog for West Lothian College photography courses. It is aimed at HNC and NQ students and I'll put up information and links that I think might be useful or interesting to you. The background picture is by former student, Andy Bates. Keep visiting.
Wednesday, 14 December 2011
HNC, Selections and masks screencast
This screencast is useful to everyone, but particularly HNC. It shows a method of using selection tools to select areas of the picture, then use a layer adjustment to alter the tone, creating a mask automatically. Keep an eye on the histogram and you will see it change, depending on which areas of the picture are selected, and before and after the adjustments have been made. Also, I have put a set of layers into a group. See if you can work out how that was done.
There is also a Photo Net tutorial here - http://photo.net/learn/digital-photography-workflow/advanced-photoshop-tutorials/layer-masks/
Screencast is here: http://screencast.com/t/wpX6AkbP7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment