All photographers show their work to their colleagues for discussion. It happens regularly at colleges. These events are called critiques, or crits. They are discussions with supportive, constructive criticism.
Many photographers go out of their way to have their pictures discussed, and will join groups and clubs or even pay for teaching sessions that include the critique.
At the end of January we will have small-group discussions of work, with tutorial groups of 3 or 4 from group A meeting with a tutorial group of 3 or 4 from group B.
You will each be presenting four prints, carefully mounted. Two will be black-and-white darkroom prints. Two will be digital photographs, printed.
All will show your reaction to these words:
"Winter Light."
Well class was very good yesterday and enjoyable. I decided to volunteer,put my head above the trenches and start the ball rolling asking for a crit, and the result was not as bad as I first thought, although it would have been a bit better if more people had said a bit more. I suppose as it was the first time though classmates found it a bit daunting to be critical of someone else's work?
ReplyDeleteMuch appreciated Andrew. I wasn't expecting a volunteer - I think that's a first!
ReplyDelete