Wednesday, 22 February 2012

HNC - The Gathering

For HNC students who are taking photographs at the SCVO Gathering - the photographs will be useful for the Corporate photography unit next block.
If I was to shoot this, I would want to get an idea of what the event will look like. The Gathering has a website, with movie footage from last year. 
http://www.gatherscotland.org.uk/ 



I also went to Photoshelter and did a search for "corporate" and "event", which threw up a lot of useful results.
Generally, these pictures are brightly lit, positive, and you can clearly see people's faces. You cannot expect available light at these events, flash must be used. The simplest technique is to arrange small groups of two to three people, fill the frame, and use the flash by bouncing it off a reflector. It is quick, flexible, and creates quite attractive light.








No comments:

Post a Comment